Isabel Maestas, Jake Fisher, Shahad Mohieldin, Stephen Arichea, Adam Haynes, Bryn Learned, Kathryn Swan, Angela Danley, Jennifer Harkness-Quintana, Kevin Vicente, Scott Lessard
CALLED TO ORDER
- Next year we won’t have counselors, we will have academic advisors and college advisors
- These positions are currently being filled in an interview process
Mental Health Update
- 4/5 psychologist will be increased to 6/5
- 7/5 social work will be increased to 10/5
- 1 fulltime restorative justice will be hired
- Cooling in every classroom. These will not be added to large spaces, only classrooms.
- There are ongoing negotiations about whether the windows will open in classrooms.
- All lights will be changed to LCD’s.
- School directed bond: includes prioritization of the windows, locker rooms, the library, and bathrooms.
- The current projected enrollment is at 1325. The old projection was 1220. It is possible that 100 of the 1325 may not choose to attend GW. If the choice system is more accurate, then 1325 is more accurate than the 1220 number.
- If there is a significant influx in enrollment, the school can offer a small amount of money for teachers to teach extra students in a section.
- In July, GW can contact families easier when they become 9th graders in Infinite Campus and projecting is easier.
- The principal of the new school has been selected.
- The rooms will mostly be on the first floor, with one possible science room.
- There could be some reductions in the budget if the collocated school decides to use some of GW’s services or classes.
- A relationship will be formed between GW’s and the collocated school’s staff.
Unified Improvement Plan: The school performance framework shows us the things that we must improve. Areas in which GW does not meet or approaches expectations indicate attention is needed.
Major Improvement Strategy 1: Prioritize 9th Grade academic growth.
- 9th Graders will have to meet graduation requirements that include English and math competency as well as sufficient credits.
Major Improvement Strategy 2: Eliminate historical barriers.
- Decrease the achievement gap.
- Increase opportunities for inclusion.
Major Improvement Strategy 3: Increase student ownership of personal academic growth and future planning.
Action items to implement these strategies are being brainstormed.