The Collaborative School Committee
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) is an elected advisory board at GW. Presently we have 14 active members: four students, four parents, four teachers, one community representative, and the principal.
The primary focus of the CSC is the development and implementation of the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP). To this end we help guide the school budget, staffing allocations, and school design, always with the goal of furthering the UIP.
The members of the CSC for the 2017-2018 school year are:
|Jay Clapper||Parent||June email@example.com|
|Kittie Hooke||Parent||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adam Haynes||Parent||June 2018||Adam.Haynes@glca.com|
|Ron Sherman||Parent||June email@example.com|
|Mary Jo Minogue||Community Member||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jennifer Harkness-Quintana||Teacher||June email@example.com|
|Kevin Vicente||Teacher||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Juliana Evans||Teacher||June 2019||Juliana_evans@dpsk12.org|
|Michael Wylde||Teacher||June 2019||Michael_wylde@dpsk12.org|
|Jake Fisher||Student||June email@example.com|
|Isabelle Maestas||Student||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shahad Mohieldin||Student||June 2018||(email@example.com|
|Lucca Raabe||Student||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
Scott Lessard, Kristin Waters, Adam Haynes, Jay Clapper, Mary Jo Minogue, Kittie Hook, Jennifer Harkness-Quintana, Jake Fisher, Shahad Mohieldin, Eric Sherman, Ron Sherman, Henry Waldstreicher, Andrew Schwartz, Michael Wylde, Lucca Raabe
CALLED TO ORDER
4:30 – Overview of agenda/introductions
4:35 – SAT prep has been seen in classrooms
- Using classroom education via analytical and critical thinking to help students internalize these processes more efficiently and translate those skills to test taking has been effective thus far!
Schedule another SPF meeting, more GW focused at the end of this year
- Revise questions so as not to repeat any information
- Push to remove comparison schools
- Determine who we needs to speak to in order to create a real change: Carrie Olson
4:50 – Staffing adjustment
- Two new TOK teachers, trained by Leslie Whitty into the first semester of next year, who will also fulfill the absent positions in Social Studies and Math.
- CAS responsibilities are to be absorbed by the IB coordinator
- Lots of staff applications for available jobs at George, indicating lots of interest for our school!
- Leslie Whitty committed to teaching a philosophy class next year
5:06 – School projects
- Furniture $140,000 from the bond
- Library, windows and bathrooms are set to be improved as quickly as possible
5:13 – Wait until Fall for nominations and elections to CSC
5/7/2018 – 4:30pm