The Collaborative School Committee
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) is an elected advisory board at GW. Presently we have 15 active members: four students, four parents, four teachers, one classified staff member, one community representative, and the principal.
The primary focus of the CSC is the development and implementation of the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP). To this end we help guide the school budget, staffing allocations, and school design, always with the goal of furthering the UIP.
The members of the CSC for the 2015-2016 school year are:
|Jose Martinez||Acting Principal||June email@example.com|
|Scott Lessard||Incoming Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stephen Arichea||Teacher||June email@example.com|
|Angela Danley||Teacher||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paul Knickerbocker||Teacher||June email@example.com|
|Kevin Vicente||Teacher||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Renelle Weightman||Classified||June email@example.com|
|Jake Fisher||Student||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hezekiah Hall||Student||June email@example.com|
|Bryn Learned||Student||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kathryn Swan||Student||June email@example.com|
|Ronda Belen||Parent||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Barbara Chin||Parent||June email@example.com|
|Jay Clapper||Parent||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leslie Cordova||Parent||June email@example.com|
|Kittie Hook||Parent||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mary Jo Minogue||Parent||June email@example.com|
|David Wollins||Community Member||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
Isabel Maestas, Jake Fisher, Shahad Mohieldin, Stephen Arichea, Adam Haynes, Bryn Learned, Kathryn Swan, Angela Danley, Jennifer Harkness-Quintana, Kevin Vicente, Scott Lessard
CALLED TO ORDER
- Next year we won’t have counselors, we will have academic advisors and college advisors
- These positions are currently being filled in an interview process
Mental Health Update
- 4/5 psychologist will be increased to 6/5
- 7/5 social work will be increased to 10/5
- 1 fulltime restorative justice will be hired
- Cooling in every classroom. These will not be added to large spaces, only classrooms.
- There are ongoing negotiations about whether the windows will open in classrooms.
- All lights will be changed to LCD’s.
- School directed bond: includes prioritization of the windows, locker rooms, the library, and bathrooms.
- The current projected enrollment is at 1325. The old projection was 1220. It is possible that 100 of the 1325 may not choose to attend GW. If the choice system is more accurate, then 1325 is more accurate than the 1220 number.
- If there is a significant influx in enrollment, the school can offer a small amount of money for teachers to teach extra students in a section.
- In July, GW can contact families easier when they become 9th graders in Infinite Campus and projecting is easier.
- The principal of the new school has been selected.
- The rooms will mostly be on the first floor, with one possible science room.
- There could be some reductions in the budget if the collocated school decides to use some of GW’s services or classes.
- A relationship will be formed between GW’s and the collocated school’s staff.
Unified Improvement Plan: The school performance framework shows us the things that we must improve. Areas in which GW does not meet or approaches expectations indicate attention is needed.
Major Improvement Strategy 1: Prioritize 9th Grade academic growth.
- 9th Graders will have to meet graduation requirements that include English and math competency as well as sufficient credits.
Major Improvement Strategy 2: Eliminate historical barriers.
- Decrease the achievement gap.
- Increase opportunities for inclusion.
Major Improvement Strategy 3: Increase student ownership of personal academic growth and future planning.
Action items to implement these strategies are being brainstormed.