The Collaborative School Committee
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) is an elected advisory board at GW. Presently we have 14 active members: four students, four parents, four teachers, one community representative, and the principal.
The primary focus of the CSC is the development and implementation of the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP). To this end we help guide the school budget, staffing allocations, and school design, always with the goal of furthering the UIP.
The members of the CSC for the 2017-2018 school year are:
|Jay Clapper||Parent||June email@example.com|
|Kittie Hooke||Parent||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adam Haynes||Parent||June 2018||Adam.Haynes@glca.com|
|Ron Sherman||Parent||June email@example.com|
|Mary Jo Minogue||Community Member||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jennifer Harkness-Quintana||Teacher||June email@example.com|
|Kevin Vicente||Teacher||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Juliana Evans||Teacher||June 2019||Juliana_evans@dpsk12.org|
|Michael Wylde||Teacher||June 2019||Michael_wylde@dpsk12.org|
|Jake Fisher||Student||June email@example.com|
|Isabelle Maestas||Student||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shahad Mohieldin||Student||June 2018||(email@example.com|
|Lucca Raabe||Student||June firstname.lastname@example.org|
Lucca Raabe, Eric Sherman, Ron Sherman, Kristin Waters, Mike Wylde, Julianna Evans, Laurie Buchanan, Adam Haynes, John Collins, Andrew Schwartz, Henry Waldstreicher
- Welcome-K. Waters, Principal
- Constituency Reports
- The racial and socio-economic divide in George is at the front of our minds, and through a series of different programs we are trying to continue the One George initiative in order to reduce that divide. In 2 advisory classes, every Monday there are presentations made by upperclassmen and sophomores about this issue, for example on 10/1/18 there was a presentation on how we choose who we make connections with. We are also making smaller efforts inside the shadowing program because almost everyone who shadowed went into honors classes. The goal is to identify small changes that we can make incrementally in our attempts to reduce the racial and socio-economic gaps at George. With that, a moment of success in this department is the success and diversity of our Freshman Academy and our PIT Crew.
- For school recruitment, we do send recruitment groups out to other school, however there is a lot of room to grow in our outreach and advertising to students in non-honors classes. One idea we discussed was advertising through community emails in different areas.
- Another step we are taking to reduce the racial and socio-economic gap within George and the community, volunteers and teachers are being trained to be more aware of biases, both conscious and unconscious.
- Right now, the Patriot Pairs program is a volunteer mentorship program where students are mentored for the duration of their high school career. We recognize that this is a lot of responsibility, and we want to ask whether staff should take on some of that responsibility?
- On Thursday, October 4, the survey for employee of the month will be sent out. The CSC will then review the nominees for employee of the month. The nominees will be announced the month of the award and the winner will be announced the following month (November’s winner will be announced in December).
- Principal Report – K. Waters
- Building Update
- We are still working on the science and locker rooms, everything should be done by next month!! The new locker rooms will be bright, open spaces with smaller lockers and more light coming in, with a lot less grunge and dark corners.
- Next week the SPF will be released. What we know now is that growth across Colorado was not great and GW followed that trend. What do want to emphasize is that our SPF rating this year was green and that every high school will not look as strong as they did in years past, however we want to ensure George is growing as best as it can, and that our success is accurately portrayed through the SPF system.
- Set Agenda for Next Meeting
- Discuss SPF