The George Washington Library strives to be the literacy hub of the school as students are taught to effectively use information and prepare to become lifelong learners. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media.
- Promoting 21st Century learning skills for all members of the school community through collaboration, instruction, and support.
- Providing a welcoming environment conducive to studying, learning, and developing information seeking skills.
- Collaborating with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching.
- Supporting the school’s curriculum and reading initiatives.
- Stimulating interest in reading for pleasure by offering a variety of popular reading materials.