- You must have a pass to use the library during class hours.
- If you wish to socialize, please move to a more appropriate venue
- Cell phones are for information gathering, study aid, homework support and quietly listening to music. If you need to make/take a call, please step into the hall. Please use headphones.
- Food is not allowed in the library. Drinks must have a secure lid. Food and open drink containers can be left on the red tray by the library doors. They can be picked up as you exit.
- Clean up after yourself – Push in chairs, throw away trash. Leave the library better than you found it.
- Print jobs cost 5 cents a page.
- Print jobs are limited to 10 pages. Please ask if you have a larger print job.
- The printer is not a copier. If you need multiple copies of the same page, please ask a teacher to help you with the copy machine.
Checking Out Books
Books can be checked out for three weeks and renewed once. The checkout limit is 5 books.
- If the GW library does not have the book you need, it can be requested from other DPS holding libraries.
- Overdue fees are 25 cents per day once the three day grace period ends.
- The lost book fee is a flat rate of $20.00 per book.
- Unpaid library fines can result in a hold on your transcripts and/or diploma.
If you owe fines you have four options:
- You can pay them off in increments—Skip the Pepsi and pay a dollar toward your fine.
- You can work it off— Cleaning duty in the library pays $2.00 per hour in credit toward book fines
- Replace the book—Purchase a replacement copy of the lost/missing book and bring it into the librarian.
- Or pay the fines in full.