August 2 – 4, 2017
Open Computer Lab and
Document Drop Off
7:30am – 11:00am
12:30pm – 2:30pm
You only need to attend if you would like help completing online registration or have a birth certificate or updated immunization records to submit.
August 7 – 10, 2017
9th Grade Academy
August 11, 2017
Online registration closes
August 14 – 18, 2017
Walk-In Enrollment for New Students
7:30am – 11:00am and 12:30pm – 2:30pm
You only need to attend Walk-In Enrollment if you are brand-new student to Denver Public Schools and have not been projected to George.
August 21, 2017
First day of school for Freshmen
August 22, 2017
First day of school for grades 10-12
September 7, 2017
Back to School Night
July 20 – August 11, 2017
All students, including returning students, are required to register for the 2017-2018 school year. Yearly registration is not the same as completing a school of choice application in January or choosing your courses in the spring.
If you are:
- A brand-new student to Denver Public Schools and have not been projected to George – you must visit the school during our walk-in enrollment hours (August 14 – 18 from 7:30am – 11:00am and 12:30pm – 2:30pm). You are not able to complete registration online.
- A student returning to George – complete your registration online.
- An incoming freshmen who has already completed a school of choice application or has been automatically projected to George – complete your registration online.
Students registering online, follow the steps listed below:
Calculate Your Fees
Calculating your fees for the school year is easy! Click on our Fee Calculator below to estimate your fees for the school year. After you have completed the form, check your email for a copy of the your 2017-2018 Fee Invoice.
Visit the school treasurer, Ms. Vigil, anytime after school starts to make your fee payment in the form of cash, credit card, check, or money order (all payments should be made out to “George Washington High School”). You may send your payment with your student, mail it in, or drop it off yourself.
Verify Student Information
DPS has confirmed intermittent technical issues with the online verification process. If you receive an error while completing online verification or need any other help, please contact the Portal Team at email@example.com or call the hotline at 720-423-3163.
All families must complete an online verification form by August 11, 2017. This process requires that you have an active Parent Portal account. Recommended browsers are Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0 and 10.0. Safari does not support online verification.
- Log into your Parent Portal by clicking HERE.
- Once you are logged into Parent Portal click the Online School Verification tab on the left side of the page and follow the instructions.
- You must complete the verification process individually for each student in your family who will be attending a DPS school for the 2017-2018 school year.
PLEASE NOTE: Some changes to personal information can’t be completed online (such as change of address and change of guardian) and will require you to bring documentation to the school. If you receive this prompt while completing the process, gather the appropriate documents to complete verification and bring them to GW during Document Drop Off on August 2- 4 from 7:30am – 11:00am and 12:30pm – 2:30pm (see Step 3 below).
August 2-4 | 7:30am – 11:00am and 12:30pm – 2:30pm
If you need to update any records listed below, gather these documents and visit our school during Document Drop Off hours. If you don’t need to submit the documents below, you do NOT need to attend Document Drop Off.
- Birth Certificate: You only need to submit a birth certificate if you haven’t already done so.
- Immunization Records: You only need to submit immunization records if you have any updates since you last submitted these records. Click HERE for a full list of required immunizations.
Once you have completed Steps 1-3 for each student in your family you have completed registration for the 2017-2018 school year!