Reminder – the Boys Basketball State Playoffs Sweet Sixteen Round is tomorrow, Wednesday, February 28! George will face off against Liberty HS at 7:00pm in the GW Gym. Come support the team and show your Patriot Pride!
To honor our diverse community, George Washington is organizing a Cultural Heritage Celebration, scheduled for April 12, 2018. In addition to entertainment and student projects, we would like to feature booths representing our students’ many countries of origin. We are seeking members of the GW community who would like to host booths celebrating the food, fashion, and culture of their countries and communities.
– Display your country’s name
– Make a poster with information you would like others to know about your country
– Display any objects you would like to represent your country: art, textiles, pop culture, etc
– If possible, dress in clothing that reflects your country’s fashion, either historical or modern
– Prepare two dishes that can be divided into small servings to give to guests
– Please make sure to bring a detailed list of ingredients with each dish, since some guests will have allergies and dietary restrictions
Come to the GW Library during lunch on Wednesday, March 7 to meet author Donna Cooner! Ms. Cooner is the author of books like Skinny and Worthy. She’ll be sharing her thoughts on building a positive self-image in the face of bullying, and on using personal obstacles as inspiration for writing and life. Seating will be limited, so if you want to attend, make sure you stop by the library before March 5 and let Ms. Jensen or Ms. Kat know.
The Patriot Pairs Mentoring Program is looking for an older student or adult who is great at math to tutor a sophomore in math once or twice a week during first period. We may be able to arrange a small stipend for a student tutor. If you can help, please contact Caren Press at email@example.com. Thanks!