Time to request courses – read below to get started!
Choice of Studies Process
Course selection for incoming 9th graders opens on April 20, 2017 and is due May 7, 2017. If you submit your course requests by this deadline we guarantee you will be able to take the level of core content you requested. Electives are not guaranteed since we give upperclassmen first choice on these classes.
If we receive your course requests after the May 7th deadline we will do everything we can to accommodate the level of core content you have requested, but we cannot guarantee availability.
- DPS Student ID Number
- If you are attending an out-of-district middle school (private, DPS charter, or non-DPS middle school) you
- will also need the following:
- Electronic version of your middle school transcript or a recent progress report for uploading
- Math teacher’s email address
Not sure if your school is a DPS public middle school or charter? Click HERE for a full list of DPS charter schools.
Read through the courses available to 9th graders HERE and review the classes that satisfy the Freshman Advisory requirement HERE. All freshmen are required to take seven courses. Students will need to select the following:
- English course
- Math course
- Social Studies course
- Science course
- Advisory course
- World Language (optional)
- 3 electives in preference order
If you have questions about classes or academics, please contact the 9th grade Academic Advisory, Marjorie Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send all other questions to Mary Lane at email@example.com.