Course Requests are now open!
Read the instructions below to get started.
Choice of Studies Process
Course selection for incoming 9th graders opens on May 11, 2018 and requests are by due June 1, 2018. If you submit your course requests by this deadline we guarantee you will be able to take the level of core content you requested. Electives are not guaranteed since we give upperclassmen first choice on these classes.
If we receive your course requests after the June 1 deadline we will do everything we can to accommodate the level of core content you have requested, but we cannot guarantee availability.
- DPS Student ID Number (if you are new to DPS and don’t know your number yet, don’t worry! We will still be able to process your course requests)
- If you are attending an out-of-district middle school (private, DPS charter, or non-DPS middle school) you
- will also need the following:
- Electronic version of your middle school transcript or a recent progress report for uploading
- Math teacher’s email address
Not sure if your school is a DPS public middle school or charter? Click HERE for a full list of DPS charter schools.
Read through the courses available to 9th graders HERE and review the classes that satisfy the Freshman Advisory requirement HERE. All freshmen are required to take seven courses. Students will need to select the following:
- English course
- Math course (we will place you based on 8th grade math assessment or teacher recommendation)
- Social Studies course
- Science course
- Advisory course
- World Language (optional)
- 3 electives in preference order
If you have questions about classes or academics, please contact the 9th grade Academic Advisory, Marjorie Lane at email@example.com. Please send all other questions to Mary Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org.