Welcome to the 2019-2020 Winter sports season. During the Winter George Washington will offer the following sports:
- Girls Swimming- Coach Andrew Harbuck
- Girls Basketball- Coach Keithan Lyons (We will be offering 2 levels- Varsity & JV)
- Boys Basketball- Coach Reggie Hammons (We will be offering 3 levels- Varsity, JV & C Level)
- Wrestling- Coach Steve Finesilver
The winter season begins on Mon. Nov. 18th. In order for any athlete to try out for winter sports they must have the following completed:
- Registered and paid online @ https://gwhs.dpsk12.org/athletics/registration/
- Student must have a current physical turned into the Athletics Office
If a student has not completed the following requirements by Nov. 18th they will not be allowed to participate in any try-out and or practices. Coaches will be given a list of completed student/athletes on Nov. 18th.
The following is the list of practice/try-out time starting Nov. 18th:
- Boys Basketball
- JV and C-level | 3:00-4:30pm in the GW Gym
- Varsity | 6:00-7:30pm in the GW Gym
- Girls Basketball
- Varsity and JV | 4:30-6:00pm in the GW Gym
- Girls Swimming
- No Try-Outs
- Practices M/T/Th/F 3:30-6pm and W 3:00-5:30pm
- No Try-outs
- Practices Mon-Fri 3:30-5:00pm in the GW Wrestling room located in the gym
If you have any questions please contact the Athletics Office at 720-423-8607
- Hello fellow students! Please plan to bring your lunch and meet our Denver School Board Rep Dr. Carrie Olson! We will meet for an informal conversation about George’s World Language Program and everything exciting about GW. Dr. Olson would love to hear from you, and Mr. Fry is onboard to help with the dialogue. We look forward to seeing you in Mr. Fry’s (Room 207) on Wednesday, November 6, during lunch from 10:40am – 11:25am. Snacks and dessert will be provided. Please contact Mr. Fry for more info.
The GW Food Pantry will be distributing Thanksgiving food baskets on Saturday, November 16. Items can be picked up or dropped off to students and community members. The distribution will include all the items for a Thanksgiving meal plus extra food for the break. Please pick up a form in Room 109. If you have any questions, email Jo-Nell Herndon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The U.S. Air Force will be here on Wednesday, November 6. They will set up in the North Lobby during lunch to discuss leadership, scholarship, and career opportunities. If you are interested or not sure what your future entails, please be sure to pay them a visit.
- Girls Soccer will start preseason conditioning this month every Tuesday and Thursday, from 3:30-4:30pm in the Fitness Room. Any girls interested in playing soccer that are not going to do a Winter sport are encouraged to come get in shape before the season starts. Please see Coach Page with any questions.
George Washington’s Robotics Team (The Kraken) is partnering with Barnes and Noble to raise money that will go towards the team! Download a voucher by clicking HERE and present it when making a purchase at Barnes and Noble online, or in store November 16-20. By using these vouchers when you make a purchase you are supporting our Robotics Team with the following:
- Machines for our shop (CNC!)
- New tools (drills, hammers, etc.)
- Metal parts
- Registration fees for competition
- STEM education for Students
These Vouchers are ONLY active from November 16-20. Have family and friends who want to make purchases as well? Pass along these vouchers to them!
If you are interested in supporting us in store, come see the Robotics Team on November 16. We will be at the Barnes and Noble on Colorado Blvd. Any further questions? Email email@example.com. For more information on our team click HERE.
- AP students are now required by College Board to register in the fall for their spring AP exams. Please click HERE to register and pay for AP exams (with a Visa or Mastercard). Once registration is complete through TotalRegistration, students will receive a confirmation email that includes instructions to “join” their AP Class(es) online through the College Board website. This final critical step must be completed for a student’s AP exams to be ordered from College Board.
The GWHS Food Pantry, located in Room 109, is open weekly and available to any student or staff member, with no questions asked. It will be open on Thursday this week, and Friday afternoons on regular weeks. We will also be delivering food for Thanksgiving. Sign up HERE or by filling out at form at Room 109. To get more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations are always welcome and volunteer opportunities are available.