Welcome to the 2019-2020 Winter sports season. During the Winter George Washington will offer the following sports:
- Girls Swimming- Coach Andrew Harbuck
- Girls Basketball- Coach Keithan Lyons (We will be offering 2 levels- Varsity & JV)
- Boys Basketball- Coach Reggie Hammons (We will be offering 3 levels- Varsity, JV & C Level)
- Wrestling- Coach Steve Finesilver
The winter season begins on Mon. Nov. 18th. In order for any athlete to try out for winter sports they must have the following completed:
- Registered and paid online @ https://gwhs.dpsk12.org/athletics/registration/
- Student must have a current physical turned into the Athletics Office
If a student has not completed the following requirements by Nov. 18th they will not be allowed to participate in any try-out and or practices. Coaches will be given a list of completed student/athletes on Nov. 18th.
The following is the list of practice/try-out time starting Nov. 18th:
- Boys Basketball
- JV and C-level | 3:00-4:30pm in the GW Gym
- Varsity | 6:00-7:30pm in the GW Gym
- Girls Basketball
- Varsity and JV | 4:30-6:00pm in the GW Gym
- Girls Swimming
- No Try-Outs
- Practices M/T/Th/F 3:30-6pm and W 3:00-5:30pm
- No Try-outs
- Practices Mon-Fri 3:30-5:00pm in the GW Wrestling room located in the gym
If you have any questions please contact the Athletics Office at 720-423-8607
- Girls Soccer will start preseason conditioning this month every Tuesday and Thursday, from 3:30-4:30pm in the Fitness Room. Any girls interested in playing soccer that are not going to do a Winter sport are encouraged to come get in shape before the season starts. Please see Coach Page with any questions.
Winter Sports registration is now open. Any students interested in Boys and Girls Basketball, Wrestling, or Girls Swimming you can now register HERE. In order to tryout and participate in a winter sport you must register online, pay your pay to play fee and turn in a copy of your physical to Mrs. Cordova in Athletics.
- Any girls interested in playing soccer this year that would like to join indoor or attend pre-season workouts please attend a short meeting this Thursday, August 29th after school in Coach Page’s room, room 227.
Hello Patriots. Do you want to be front line during all the sporting events? Do you have school spirit? Do you love dancing and cheering on your fellow Patriots? Then come join your Varsity Cheer team.
Mandatory parent meeting is this Friday, August 23 at 4:00pm in the Dance Room. Tryouts are Monday, August 26 and Tuesday, August 27 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm in the Dance Room. Teams will be announced on Friday, August 30.
Don’t miss your opportunity to cheer with best! See you on Friday!