Hello Golf Fans! We appreciate your continued flexibility and patience, as we are sending information to you as we receive it.
Boys Golf was approved this morning by Denver Public Schools and the Department of Health. DPS Boys Golf will compete during the CHSAA season, which begins with tryouts and official practice on Monday, August 3.
Here are your required steps for tryouts on Monday, August 3. Tryouts will take place the week of Aug. 3rd and these steps are a quick turnaround for your tryout eligibility. Coach Barotz will be sent an “approved for tryouts” email by Monday 8/3. Students that meet the requirements listed below will be able to try-out and attend practice. Please remember you need to Register through familyID (Link below), pay by credit card, and have a completed and a current physical (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide family consent and registration for Boys Golf: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/george-washington-high-school
- Pay to Play will need to paid by credit card through familyid
- Provide a current physical exam to Madeline_cordova@dpsk12.org
- Coach Barotz will be setting up the team/parent communication as well as a zoom meeting providing all Fall golf sports information. Questions please reach out via email to Samuel_barotz@dpsk12.org
- Health screenings for staff and students will take place prior to practice and events.
- Denver Parks and Recreation, Denver Public Schools, Denver City Golf Courses will not allow spectators or fans this golf season. In order for schools to launch the golf season, this was a required agreement. We understand that you will find this frustrating, however, please know that this agreement is in place for the safety of everyone involved.
- Transportation: In order to tryout, you also understand that there will be no transportation to and from practice and events. Students and families will need to find their own transportation for the 2020 season. This agreement is in place for everyone’s safety.