- Athletics onin
CHSAA SPORTS SEASON B UPDATE
In alignment with the start of CHSAA Season B, DPS schools will be allowed to operate the indoor Season B sports of boys and girls basketball, girls swimming and competitive cheer based on the following timeline only if we are not in red or purple on the CDPHE dial:
- January 11 – January 16: Allow indoor access to begin off-season conditioning and fitness.
- January 14: Weight Certification for GW Wrestling Program (Coach Finesilver will share the schedule with registered wrestlers)
- January 18: First official start date of CHSAA Season B – full participation as outlined by CHSAA and state health officials.
- January 25: First contest
Additional information regarding wrestling, ice hockey, and sideline cheer will be made available as further guidance on variances and safety protocols become available from CDPHE/CHSAA. Details regarding events will be shared as additional direction becomes available from CDPHE/CHSAA/local health department. In alignment with CDPHE guidance, if Denver is in levels red or purple, we will NOT proceed with indoor access for conditioning and fitness or the start of CHSAA Season B.
As we move into 2021, we look forward to providing a COVID safe environment for our student-athletes and coaches. We will operate within the guidelines set forth by CHSAA and DPS. Please note that depending on the COVID data and safety color level in Denver, DPS may have different guidelines/allowances from CHSAA and neighboring districts. Please stay safe and healthy and do your part to help us offer sports at GW in 2021!
Hello Golf Fans! We appreciate your continued flexibility and patience, as we are sending information to you as we receive it.
Boys Golf was approved this morning by Denver Public Schools and the Department of Health. DPS Boys Golf will compete during the CHSAA season, which begins with tryouts and official practice on Monday, August 3.
Here are your required steps for tryouts on Monday, August 3. Tryouts will take place the week of Aug. 3rd and these steps are a quick turnaround for your tryout eligibility. Coach Barotz will be sent an “approved for tryouts” email by Monday 8/3. Students that meet the requirements listed below will be able to try-out and attend practice. Please remember you need to Register through familyID (Link below), pay by credit card, and have a completed and a current physical (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide family consent and registration for Boys Golf: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/george-washington-high-school
- Pay to Play will need to paid by credit card through familyid
- Provide a current physical exam to Madeline_cordova@dpsk12.org
- Coach Barotz will be setting up the team/parent communication as well as a zoom meeting providing all Fall golf sports information. Questions please reach out via email to Samuel_barotz@dpsk12.org
- Health screenings for staff and students will take place prior to practice and events.
- Denver Parks and Recreation, Denver Public Schools, Denver City Golf Courses will not allow spectators or fans this golf season. In order for schools to launch the golf season, this was a required agreement. We understand that you will find this frustrating, however, please know that this agreement is in place for the safety of everyone involved.
- Transportation: In order to tryout, you also understand that there will be no transportation to and from practice and events. Students and families will need to find their own transportation for the 2020 season. This agreement is in place for everyone’s safety.