Family Culturally Responsive Engagement
Family Culturally Responsive Engagement initiative (FCRE). The purpose of this initiative is to align parent and community engagement with the work GW staff is doing to address the systemic inequities and racial segregation at GWHS.
Under the leadership of Dr. Waters, the GW staff is examining systems and structures that hinder full student engagement. We are engaging in honest conversations, sharing impactful experiences, and examining how we can create an inclusive culture that promotes excellence in every student. Using the same guiding principles the FCRE initiative offers parents an opportunity to participate and support the critical work happening at GW.
Affinity Group Workshops has made improvements based on community feedback. Here are the details:
- Affinity Groups will meet as one under FCRE Workshops
- Meetings will be held on the last Wednesday of the month 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- 5:30 – 6:00pm meet and greet
- 6:00 – 7:00pm informative session
- Featured guest presenters
- Call-To-Action Initiative (Goal Setting)
- Community Building
These changes were a result of your feedback. Your voice matters!
While our goal is to make the information FCRE Workshops presents relevant for the community, there are some things that will not change.
- Affinity Groups will be used during breakout sessions when beneficial
- Registration for workshops
- Participation is a key element
- This is a safe and courageous space to share your truth
- All voices will be honored
- Engagement in difficult conversations to gain understanding
- Learn, grow, and support each other
- Student excellence is why we are engaging and collaborating
Remember, life begins where your comfort zone ends. When will you begin living?