Be Inspired - Give
WHAT IS THE BE INSPIRED FUND?
The George Washington High School Be Inspired Fund is a parent-driven fundraising vehicle that aims to provide qualified private support to benefit the school and its students.
The Fund’s mission is to “inspire parents and community members to support George Washington students and faculty with annual funds to enrich the student experience.”
Parents created the Be Inspired Committee in January 2018, which consists of GW faculty, staff, parents and community members. The Be Inspired Fund is supported by Proud Patriot Parents (P3) and operates under the 501(c)3, Patriots Care, Inc. Click here to review the Be Inspired Policies and Procedures.Donate Now
(select “Be Inspired Fund” when asked where you want to direct your donation)
HOW WILL BE INSPIRED FUNDS BE ALLOCATED?
All money raised by the Be Inspired Fund will be used to:
- Enhance GW’s educational offerings
- Support the food pantry and other qualified student assistance needs
- Improve the buildings and grounds as approved by appropriate GW and DPS authorities
- Provide qualified financial grants to teachers and students via an application process
- Support community involvement and outreach as directed by the GW Principal
HOW MUCH MONEY DOES BE INSPIRED RAISE?
To date, Be Inspired Fund has raised just over $100,000 and has funded, among other things:
- Soft seating, chairs, and computer charging tables for the Pikes Peak Lobby
- Financial support for the food pantry and the establishment of school-managed student assistance fund
- Graphing calculators for the math department
- Picnic tables for the South Courtyard
- The purchase of English books for every incoming 9th grade student to keep
- The purchase of a 3D printer
- The purchase of summer reading books for a pilot 9th grade advisory program
HOW DOES ONE SUBMIT A GRANT REQUEST
George Washington teachers and staff are encouraged to apply for Be Inspired funding. Be Inspired funding priorities are to:
- Support unique/one-time opportunities. (For example – an outside speaker, performer or artist in residence.)
- Purchase capital items that will provide year-over-year benefit. (For example – reusable supplies not covered by school budget.)
- Encourage innovation by funding start-up projects or expanding existing programs. (For example – materials needed to start or grow a club or program.)
HOW DO I GIVE?
We have set up an online donation page with Colorado Gives. Select “Be Inspired Fund” when you are asked where you want to direct your donation. You can also donate via check made out to: PCI/Be Inspired Fund and mail it to the following address:
PCI/Be Inspired Fund
George Washington High School
655 S Monaco Pkwy
Denver, CO 80224
Questions concerning Be Inspired should be directed to: email@example.com.