Juniors taking the SAT and sophomores taking the PSAT 10 have the option of participating in Student Search Service and providing information about themselves that will connect them to eligible colleges and scholarship programs. These questions will be completed during the pre-administration sessions for SAT and PSAT10. Participation In these questionnaires is optional and requires a signed Student Data Consent Form (English and Spanish). Student Data Consent Forms will be collected prior to SAT and PSAT10 pre-administration sessions.
Don’t miss out on a unique and lasting way to honor your student, while benefiting the school grounds! Purchase a personalized tree dedication, engraved brick or stone paver for your student or loved one(s) – the pavers are placed at the north entrance, and trees are throughout the school grounds. Tree dedications include a personalized engraved plaque placed at the tree. Contributions benefit the GWHS Grounds through the GW Grounds Committee. Order HERE. Contact Lisa at email@example.com with questions. The deadline for brick orders for spring 2020 is March 31, so order yours today! This is a GREAT tribute for graduating seniors!
Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness from Wednesday, March 4 – Wednesday, March 11. Make someone’s day by completing a small act of service. Pull a tab from one of the posters hung around the school, complete the instructions, and then sign the back of the tab and turn it into the library.
Denver Public Schools (DPS) is actively communicating with the Denver Department of Public Health and Environment (DDPHE) and with the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Right now, this virus is not spreading in the United States, Colorado has no cases of the disease, and the vast majority of Americans have a low risk of exposure.
We are still taking this health threat very seriously, continuing to monitor schools for outbreaks, and regularly disinfecting schools during and after school hours. When there are respiratory or gastrointestinal outbreaks, DPS school nurses and school leaders will use the existing illness outbreak processes to track illnesses, notify health department officials, disinfect schools, and notify staff and parents. We are also advising parents do not send your child to school if they may be sick. Keeping your sick child home will be a great benefit for the health and wellness of all students and staff.
What you need to know
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a type of virus that causes diseases of varying severities, ranging from the common cold to more serious respiratory disease.
How is it spread?
- Through coughing and sneezing
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
- Because Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is new, we are learning more each day about the transmission patterns and incubation periods.
What are the symptoms?
- Difficulty Breathing
- Severe Illness
What can I do?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Help your young students to wash their hands well
- Do not drop off your sick child at school
- Stay home when you’re sick
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
What is GW doing?
- DPS is disinfecting their facilities more aggressively during this time.
- The school nurse will continue to send reminders to staff and students that handwashing is the single most important thing we can do for prevention. Handwashing signs are being posted throughout the school during this week.
- We are setting up hand sanitizing stations on each floor of our building
The outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is changing rapidly. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and CDPHE are providing updated information.
If you have any questions regarding the GWHS response to the corona virus or need to report an absence due to respiratory illness, please email Nurse Ari at firstname.lastname@example.org.