Welcome to the 2019-2020 Winter sports season. During the Winter George Washington will offer the following sports:
- Girls Swimming- Coach Andrew Harbuck
- Girls Basketball- Coach Keithan Lyons (We will be offering 2 levels- Varsity & JV)
- Boys Basketball- Coach Reggie Hammons (We will be offering 3 levels- Varsity, JV & C Level)
- Wrestling- Coach Steve Finesilver
The winter season begins on Mon. Nov. 18th. In order for any athlete to try out for winter sports they must have the following completed:
- Registered and paid online @ https://gwhs.dpsk12.org/athletics/registration/
- Student must have a current physical turned into the Athletics Office
If a student has not completed the following requirements by Nov. 18th they will not be allowed to participate in any try-out and or practices. Coaches will be given a list of completed student/athletes on Nov. 18th.
The following is the list of practice/try-out time starting Nov. 18th:
- Boys Basketball
- JV and C-level | 3:00-4:30pm in the GW Gym
- Varsity | 6:00-7:30pm in the GW Gym
- Girls Basketball
- Varsity and JV | 4:30-6:00pm in the GW Gym
- Girls Swimming
- No Try-Outs
- Practices M/T/Th/F 3:30-6pm and W 3:00-5:30pm
- No Try-outs
- Practices Mon-Fri 3:30-5:00pm in the GW Wrestling room located in the gym
If you have any questions please contact the Athletics Office at 720-423-8607
- Hello fellow students! Please plan to bring your lunch and meet our Denver School Board Rep Dr. Carrie Olson! We will meet for an informal conversation about George’s World Language Program and everything exciting about GW. Dr. Olson would love to hear from you, and Mr. Fry is onboard to help with the dialogue. We look forward to seeing you in Mr. Fry’s (Room 207) on Wednesday, November 6, during lunch from 10:40am – 11:25am. Snacks and dessert will be provided. Please contact Mr. Fry for more info.
The GW Food Pantry will be distributing Thanksgiving food baskets on Saturday, November 16. Items can be picked up or dropped off to students and community members. The distribution will include all the items for a Thanksgiving meal plus extra food for the break. Please pick up a form in Room 109. If you have any questions, email Jo-Nell Herndon at email@example.com.